Navy Code of Ethics
10 November 2005
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY CODE OF ETHICS
Key References: Title 5--Administrative Personnel Chapter XVI--Office Of
Government Ethics Part 2635--Standards Of Ethical Conduct For Employees Of The
Executive Branch--Table of Contents Subpart A--General Provisions Sec. 2635.101;
Employees’ Responsibilities under Executive Order 12674 (as amended).
- Place loyalty to the Constitution, the laws, and ethical principles above
- Act impartially to all groups, persons, and organizations.
- Give an honest effort in the performance of your duties.
- Protect and conserve Federal property.
- Disclose fraud, waste, and abuse, and corruption to appropriate authorities.
- Fulfill in good faith your obligations as citizens, and pay your Federal, State,
and local taxes.
- Comply with all laws providing equal opportunity to all persons, regardless of
their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or handicap.
- Use nonpublic information to benefit yourself or anyone else.
- Solicit or accept gifts from persons or parties that do business with or seek
official action from DOD (unless permitted by an exception).
- Make unauthorized commitments or promises that bind the government.
- Use Federal property for unauthorized purposes.
- Take jobs or hold financial interests that conflict with your government
- Take actions that give the appearance that they are illegal or unethical.